Christina Roberto, PhD
Associate Director, CHIBE
Director, PEACH Lab
Mitchell J. Blutt and Margo Krody Blutt Presidential Associate Professor of Health Policy, Perelman School of Medicine
Christina A. Roberto, PhD, is an Assistant Professor of Medical Ethics & Health Policy at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Roberto is a clinical psychologist and epidemiologist. She is Director of the Psychology of Eating And Consumer Health (PEACH) lab. Her research aims to identify and understand factors that promote unhealthy eating behaviors linked to obesity and eating disorders and design interventions to promote healthy eating. In her work, she draws upon the fields of psychology, marketing, behavioral economics, epidemiology, and public health to answer research questions that can provide policymakers and institutions with science-based guidance.
- Impact of Real-Time Incentives on Fruit and Vegetable Purchases and Diet
- A large-scale, long-term randomized trial of nutrition labeling interventions
- A randomized trial of web-based behavioral economic interventions to promote healthy food choices among food pantry clients.
- Preventing non-communicable diseases in Guatemala through sugary drink reduction and capacity building
- Evaluating the Philadelphia beverage tax
- Communicating the Health Risks of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages
- Increasing the Impact of Restaurant Menu Labeling