Shivan Mehta, MD, MBA
Assistant Professor of Medicine and Health Policy, Perelman School of Medicine
Associate Chief Innovation Officer, Penn Medicine
Shivan Mehta is Associate Chief Innovation Officer at Penn Medicine and Assistant Professor of Medicine and Health Policy at the Perelman School of Medicine. He is also Co-Director of Quality for the Gastroenterology division.
He leads a team that develops, tests, and implements health care delivery innovations across Penn Medicine’s health system. Current projects focus on connecting with patients outside of traditional venues and accelerating the pace of experimentation across the system. Shivan also conducts research evaluating pragmatic trials of health care delivery that leverage behavioral science, care redesign, and information technology to improve population health outcomes.
Shivan received his bachelor’s degree in economics from Yale University, his medical degree and master’s in health policy research from the University of Pennsylvania, and his MBA in health care management from the Wharton School.
- Behavioral Economics and Population-based Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Automated Navigation to Improve Colonoscopy Show Rate and Preparation
- Remote Monitoring and Social Support for Hypertension Management
- Behavioral economic incentives and cancer health risk assessment
- Choice Architecture and Mailed Outreach for Colorectal Cancer Screening