We will distribute up to $200,000 in this round of funding. Each pilot project will be funded for one year. Available funding for each pilot project will depend on project scope, but we expect most funded projects to be in the range of $15-30,000. Priority will be given to applications that are innovative, use approaches from behavioral economics, focus on behavioral health, and are likely to lead to external, peer-reviewed funding. Special consideration will be given to submissions from interdisciplinary teams in which investigators are from different departments or schools within the university.
Note: we are available to provide technical assistance in preparation for submission. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
University of Pennsylvania faculty members, research associates and postdoctoral fellows are eligible for this pilot program. Postdoctoral fellows and research associates must be sponsored by faculty mentors, and include a mentorship plan (1 page) and letter of support from their mentor in their application
- Awardees will present a poster during the annual P50 ALACRITY Retreat in summer 2019. Awardees will be encouraged, but not required, to attend the University of Pennsylvania/Carnegie Mellon Roybal Behavioral Economics Retreat and Conference in Fall 2019.
- At the six month mark, awardees will submit brief (< 1 page) summaries of progress (e.g., recruitment to date).
- Awardees will attend a site visit from Program Officers from the NIMH (date TBD, 2019).
- Within 30 days of the funding period’s end, awardees will submit a one-page end-of-project report that includes a description of the project’s specific aims, significance, summary of the research conducted and results, total enrollment, and future plans.
How to Apply
The application must include:
1. Project Summary that includes specific aims, significance, innovation, approach, and a timeline (not to exceed 2 pages)
2. Budget: The maximum budget is $40,000 and may not include indirect costs or salary support for faculty. It can include costs for post-doctoral fellows’ salaries.
3. Budget Justification providing a rationale for items requested (not to exceed 1 page)
4. Biosketch for each investigator
The deadline for submitting applications is October 14th, 2018. Awards will be announced in November 2018. Funding will begin December 1st, 2018. Applications should be submitted electronically to Kelly Zentgraf at email@example.com. Please contact Kelly with any other questions.